It's wild that we're practically at the end of the year and while things might not have gone your way with finding that special someone in 2023, Bumble is ready to help you in 2024 with its list of expected dating trends!
The dating app just released their forecast for the top dating trends of 2024 after surveying over 25,000 singles around the world and these are what you can expect to happen next year:
- Cross-gen romance - It seems more people are accepting of dating people older or younger than they are, as age gap relationships are predicted to be popular in 2024.
- Val-core dating - Singles are looking for shared priorities in a partner and value engagement on issues that are important to them. A quarter of Bumble users want their partner to be actively engaged in politics and social causes and say it makes them more attractive.
- Betterment burnout - People have had enough of the push for constant self-improvement, which is why two in three women are making an effort to be happier with who they are right now.
- Intuitive intimacy - A third of those surveyed believe emotional intimacy is now more important than sex and find it more attractive than physical connection.
- Open-hearted masculinity - Becoming more open and vulnerable is something 25% of men are trying to do and they say it’s also had a positive impact on their mental health.
- Timeline decline - Following a traditional relationship timeline is becoming less important to singles, as 31% of women say they’re no longer focused on reaching milestones in an old-school time frame.
- MVP (Most Valuable Partner) - For 31% of singles, a shared love of sports is now a “must-have” and 24% say going to sports events together is important.
- Consider-date - Prioritizing self-care and mental health is key for singles, as 58% say they’re now more open about their mental health and making a real effort to slow down.
You can learn more from their report HERE, but happy dating!!