We all have that one word we have a hard time saying no matter where we are, but it turns out we also all have a hard time saying popular foods!
The Writing Tips Institute created a list of the most commonly Googled food pronunciations and it turns out we all have a hard time saying "Acai" whether we have it in our smoothies or in our go-to bowls.
Here are the other common food pronunciations that are Googled:
- “Acai” - Many mistakenly call it “ah-kai,” but it’s actually said “ah-sigh-EE.”
- “Gyro” - According to Merriam-Webster, this Greek specialty should be pronounced either “zhir-o,” or “yee-ro.”
- “Charcuterie” - Merriam-Webster tells us that the right way to say it is “shar-koo-te-ree,” in case you didn’t know.
- “Gnocchi” - Merriam-Webster say is pronounced “nyo-kee.”
- “Worcestershire” - According to the experts at Merriam-Webster, both acceptable pronunciations only contain three syllables: “wuh-stah-sheer” and “wu-stah-shah.”
You can see the other non-food pronunciations HERE, but hopefully this helps you when ordering your go-to foods this week!