If you recently got asked the “big question” then you might already be planning your wedding for some time in later 2023 or 2024, but it turns out you don't have to spend a TON on one day!
While the average wedding in 2022 would set you back $29,000-$31,000 according to a group of wedding experts, you can actually do the following to save on your Big Day:
- Say “I do” during daylight hours - By starting your ceremony at noon, as opposed to 4pm, you can save on lighting costs and more. You’ll need less lighting, guests tend to drink less and you probably won’t go into overtime costs.
- Choose a full-service venue - An offsite venue is a lot more expensive than a venue that already has tables, chairs, and a kitchen. So, a venue that’s already beautiful and that has all of these items is a great way to save money.
- Nix the favors - That mini champagne bottle, trinket or taffeta baggie of sweet treats is costing you a pretty penny, and chances are, it’ll end up getting left on the table by a forgetful guest.
- Offer a soft bar - Open bars at weddings can range from $15 to$90 a person. A soft bar is wine, beer, sodas, water and maybe one signature alcoholic drink.
- Skip the bubbly - Skip the champagne toast, most people won’t drink it anyway!
At the end of the day, choose what you want to happen at YOUR wedding because it's YOUR big day and not everyone else's!