Traveling during the holidays is always something that requires proper planning so you're not stuck waiting in traffic or having to pay an arm and a leg to stay at a hotel, but here are some of our go-to travel hacks!
Whether it's saving money on parking or looking at an alternative airport to fly out of, here are some of our go-tos:
- Rethink your default airport: It’s a good idea to look at the prices at other airports that aren’t too far away, too, to see if they have cheaper flights (ex. looking at BWI if you're flying out of the DMV).
- Find a local car service: Think of how quickly Uber and Lyft costs add up, especially when surge pricing happens. Most places will have other car service options available, like local ones, which sometimes tend to be cheaper.
- Prioritize free parking.: If you do have a car with you, see if you can find a hotel that lets guests park for free. Also, choosing a hotel that’s walking distance from restaurants and amenities will cut down on travel costs too!
- Stick to public transportation: It tends to be cheaper than renting a car or taking taxis everywhere. (ex. take the metro to Dulles or Reagan instead of Ubering)
- Break up your trip with multiple lodgings: You can get better deals and get to explore more of the area if you stay in different hotels instead of just one.
- Choose accommodations with a kitchen: Food is one of the biggest expenses when traveling, so cooking some of your own meals can save you some money.
You can see even more travel hacks by going HERE!