Now we don't know if this reveals how little we go into fancy stores, but apparently a TON of people have a hard time pronouncing some of the biggest fashion brands in the world and according to language experts we're not alone!
A new report looked at the most mispronounced fashion and beauty brands and it was Hermès and L’Occitane that took the top spots in their categories.
You can see below what the most mispronounced words were in fashion and beauty, but at least now we know we're not alone:
- Hermès - Every month, there are more than 8,000 searches for “How to say Hermès.” And the answer is “EHR-mez.”
- Louis Vuitton - Is correctly pronounced “Lou-ee VWEE-tah-n”
- Versace - Is correctly pronounced “Ver-sah-CHEH,” not the more commonly heard “Ver-sah-CHEE.”
- Givenchy - Actually pronounced “Jee-VOHN-Shee.”
- Gucci - For those who aren’t sure how to say the popular Italian brand, it should be “GOO-Chee.”
The most mispronounced beauty brands are:
- L’Occitane - More than 1,800 searches for the correct pronunciation every month and it is “Lox-EE-tahn.”
- CeraVe - The second most searched name, which is said ‘CER-ah-vee.”
- Schwarzkopf - Should be “Shvaats-Kopf.”
- La Roche-Posay - The correct way to say it is “La-Rou-Shh Po-say.”
- Estee Lauder - The popular beauty brand should be pronounced “Ess-Tay Law-Der.”