After almost 30 years it looks like the Jurassic Park/World franchise has come to its conclusion with Jurassic World: Dominion!
I got to see the latest Jurassic World movie a few days early and while it's definitely far from perfect, you can tell Colin Trevorrow and his team have learned from their prior mistakes in the franchise to give Jurassic fans a nostalgic conclusion to the franchise.
Dominion marks Trevorrow's return to the franchise and while the Jurassic World portion of the franchise has been dominated by Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard, it's the OG actors that really were the stars of the film for me. Also whatever company made the "Baby Yoda" version of Blue needs to get paid more because their going to make bank off that character this summer in merchandise!
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me just in case you need more (or less) incentive to watch it:
- Dominion might be the first entry in the franchise to show what realistic dinosaurs actually looked like so get ready to see a lot of feathers compared to the reptilian dinos we've seen before.
- There are some characters/plot points in the film that aren't necessarily needed and if they were taken out it might make the film a more coherent story and shorten its long runtime.TT
- Despite the Jurassic Park theme song becoming more of a meme in the franchise and Internet over the years, I did wish we heard more of the ICONIC song in the final film in the franchise.
- The OG cast, especially Jeff Goldblum stole the show for me and looked like they enjoyed being brought back into the franchise.
- If you know your Jurassic Park then you'll fully understand how Dominion brings the franchise full-circle to the first Jurassic Park movie.
- I personally thought Dominion was a much better film that Fallen Kingdom, but if you hated the cloning storyline of that film then get ready for more of that.
- There are NO end-credits scenes so unless you want to hear the Jurassic Park theme song then you can peace out when the credits roll!
Watch my full review for Jurassic World: Dominion below:
I'm giving Jurassic World Dominion 7 out of 10 triceratops (aka my favorite dinosaur) and while it won't be the most thought-provoking movie you see in 2022, it's a great summer popcorn film to enjoy! Jurassic World Dominion is in theaters starting on June 10th!