I got to see Everything Everywhere All at Once a few days early and my goodness was it one of the best takes on a multiverse that I have ever seen and it didn't even involve superheroes!
Michelle Yeoh, who you might know from Crazy Rich Asians or Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings, shines in this film focused on a middle-aged woman having to go through an audit with her family at the IRS, but the film gets even crazier and colorful from there!
The entire cast shines in every scene they're in whether they have to wear a raccoon under their chef hat like Harry Shum Jr. for a scene or put the film on an entirely different level with their performances like Stephanie Hsu and Ke Huy Quan (Data from The Goonies) do throughout the film.
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me just in case you need more incentive to watch it:
- This film does a great job of blending action, comedy, but also a heartfelt message at the same time and you'll be laughing hysterically at one point in the film and then get way into the action of the film when a character uses a fanny-pack as a weapon
- Joe and Anthony Russo from Avengers: Endgame were actually producers for this film and it totally shows in the muiltiversal journey we go on throughout the film.
- While this might be Michelle Yeoh's best performance yet, look out for Stephanie Hsu and Ke Huy Quan in the future because they're going to be stars (or stars again for Quan) after this film.
- My favorite scene in this film is a parodied version of Ratatouille and I won't spoilt it for you, but every time we jumped to it I cracked up!
- While the film does a great job of explaining its multiverse, there are still some questions that might not necessarily be answered by the end of the film, but the journey show is amazing nevertheless!
Watch my full review for Everything Everywhere All at Once below:
I'm giving Everything Everywhere All at Once 9.5 out of 10 hot dogs, which when you see the film will give you a whole new perspective on the food! Everything Everywhere All at Once is in theaters starting on April 1st!!
Photo Credit: A24