2021 is almost finally over and while the pandemic might have continued to wreck your diet and fitness goals, a new year brings new chances at making your goals and several food experts have weighed in with the best advice!
Sticking to a resolution is hard, we've all made one at one point that only lasted a week, but if healthy eating is one of your goals for 2022, here’s what doctors, nutritionists and dietitians advise to help you make it happen:
- Add, don’t take away - Fight the urge to cut foods out of your diet and embrace what you can add in. Consider eating more seeds, microgreens and fermented foods that have powerful nutrient profiles.
- Enjoy the choices you make - Take the time to enjoy each bite of what you eat. Also stop dieting and find a healthy way of eating that makes sense for you and lets you enjoy eating.
- Worry less - Stop micromanaging your food choices and instead, trust that food is your friend and an important aspect for well-being and longevity.
- Make your goals approachable - Going completely dry on something feels like the best strategy, but complete deprivation can lead to major binging in February.
- Live by the 80/20 rule - 80% of the time you focus on eating healthier (eating lean protein, healthy fat and lots of fresh fruit and veggies). The other 20% of the time, you can indulge in some foods you shouldn’t have every day.
Good luck on your goals and we can't wait to hear about your fitness/diet journey in the New Year!