If you've already updated your iPhone to iOS 15 then get excited because there's a hidden feature that wasn't really promoted that will make your music/podcast-listening experiences even better!
iOS 15 comes with a white noise/ambiance setting that will let you add nature sounds like rain or the ocean and you can play them while listening to your favorite songs. It might sound like a weird feature, but a TON of people are actually using it.
Whether it's to make a sad song even sadder post-breakup or to just appreciate the smooth sounds of Sam Smith, it's a neat feature that you could use only once or it can change your life forever!
To enable this feature you just need to follow these steps.
- Open Settings and scroll down to Accessibility
- Tap on that, then scroll to the Hearing section
- Choose Audio/Visual
- Tap on Background Sounds
- Turn on Background Sounds by tapping the on/off toggle
- Tap on Sound
- Choose from six sound options
- Tap Back
- Optionally, set the volume
- Also optionally, switch on or off Use When Media is Playing
You can control the volume in your control center and now you can delete those third-party ambiance apps because Apple has you covered! Check out reactions to the feature below!