I got to see Black Widow a few days early with Kevin and Moira thanks to Marvel Studios and it was way better than I thought it was going to be and did a great job of adding to Natasha Romanoff's story!
The film takes place between the airport battle in Captain America: Civil War and where Natasha ends up with Captain America at the beginning of Avengers: Infinity War and really felt like a spy/espionage movie that Marvel Studios was able to produce, which makes it stand out from other "origin movies."
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- David Harbour and Florence Pugh were my two favorite characters from the movie who really bring the comedic beats and heart to the film
- There is only ONE end-credits scene so stick around until the very end!
- There are a ton of stunt scenes in this that don't rely on a heavy use of CGI, which I loved! Got to support our stunt actors
- The movie does a great job of addressing all those weird differences in Avengers: Infinity War that we needed answers for
- The film also has a great take on what "family" actually means, which we learn Natasha takes as her own by Avengers: Endgame with her Avengers family
Watch my full review for Black Widow below:
I'm giving Black Widow 8 out of 10 black widow spiders because I enjoyed the heck out of it and it did a perfect job of setting up where the character's legacy will go next in Phase Four of the MCU! Black Widow will be in theaters and stream on Disney Plus Premier Access starting on July 9th!
Photo Credit: Marvel Studios