I've been playing Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition throughout the week and I have to say it pretty much lives up to the hype of the movie, which is oddly the first time I learned about this awesome franchise!
It's been almost 11 years since the original game, that was inspired by the graphic novels and helped inspire the movie, first released and the Complete Edition combines what we all love about the franchise and gives it a new coat of paint for modern times. The best part is the Complete Edition features four-player co-op so you can play the game with your friends and take on "The League of Evil Exes!"
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the game and what stood out to me:
- Anamanaguchi’s soundtrack for the game is top-notch and if you're a video game music lover then you need to add this to your playlist
- The game is a little "grindy" at times, especially if you're playing solo, so always have a friend on standby
- You might want to stick with one character and level them up as best you can to get through the later stages of the game
- At times the game can get a little "glitchy" because of so much happening on the screen at one time.
- If you love the movie then make sure to watch out for some easter eggs referencing the film!
Watch my full 60-second review for Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition below:
I'm giving Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition 8.1 out of 10 evil exes and if you have always wanted to play the game that inspired the movie then this is for you! Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game – Complete Edition is available now on Xbox, PlayStation, PC, Stadia and Nintendo Switch!
Photo Credit: Ubisoft