Delays are the WORST because they can make or break a trip, but don't worry because we now have a list of the airports with the most delays!
The list of the 25 Most Delayed Airports in the Country just released and just how many hours folks are losing at these airports is pretty shocking. To rank the airports, they looked at data from the U.S. Department of Transportation, calculating rank based on total passengers departing, the percentage of flights delayed, and the average length of the delay.
Topping the list as the Most Delayed Airport is Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport, with the site noting that the collective time passengers were delayed in 2018 is equivalent to 1,133 years. Here are the ten most delayed airports in the US:
- Chicago O'Hare International Airport (ORD) (1,133 years)
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL) (991 years)
- Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) (872 years)
- Denver International Airport (DEN) (792 years)
- San Francisco International Airport (SFO) (654 years)
- Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) (651 years)
- Orlando International Airport (MCO) (617 years)
- Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) (601 years)
- Boston Logan International Airport (BOS) (551 years)
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport (CLT) (542 years)
Photo Credit: Getty Images