Like the rest of the wizarding world I went to go see Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald the weekend it came out and it got me hyped to see even more of the wizarding world besides Harry Potter!
I will admit that dressed up as Harry Potter for Halloween multiple times so there is some bias, but if you love the Wizarding World of Harry Potter then you need to go see this film! It's sort of the Last Jedi of the Harry Potter franchise based on pretty much the ending below, but I can't wait to see what they do in the next movies after this.
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- I think Dan Fogler, the "No-Maj" in the film is the heart of the films and every scene he is great in!
- You do need to be familiar with the first film just to know everyone in this film.
- There is a line said between two characters at the beginning of the film that comes back up later in the movie and it's so EPIC!
- There is a lot of fan-service to connect this series to the main Harry Potter series, which I personally loved.
- There is NO end credits' scene, but it's ending gives you a ton to chew on!
- Some people may be divided on the ending because it potentially alters lore explained in the original books.
Watch my full review for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald below:
I'm giving the film 8/10 Wands and if you're a fan of Harry Potter you probably already saw it, but if you are a casual fan then definitely give it a try! Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald is in theaters now!
Photo Credit: Warner Bros. Pictures