Eight years after the original show first aired, MTV is bringing back the franchise, but this time it’s called Floribama Shore.
The show takes place on the Florida Panhandle, which stretches out to Alabama, which explains the name.
According to a press release, the show follows eight cast members as they spend the summer on the beach. “Each is armed with incredible life experiences and standing at a crossroads, whether it’s ending a relationship, tasting independence for the first time, or trying to escape the past,” the MTV announcement notes. “This coming of age story captures the very real thrill and angst of being young and trying to figure out the future with a group of people you’ll come to call family.”
The cast members are:
- Jeremiah Buoni, 22, from Amelia Island, Florida
- Codi Butts, 25, from Westminster, South Carolina
- Kortni Gilson, 21, from Panama City Beach
- Aimee Hall, 24, from Perdido, Alabama
- Kirk Medas, 25, from Atlanta
- Nilsa Prowant, 23, from Panama City Beach
- Candace Rice, 24, from Memphis
- Gus Smyrnios, 22, from Tallahassee, Florida
The show, which will have an eight-episode season, will premiere on MTV on Monday, November 27 at 10 p.m. ET/PT.