Dodgeball is one of my favorite movies of all time and now, thirteen years later, the fake ESPN channel created for the movie, ESPN 8 "The Ocho" is becoming a real channel for ESPN for one day on August 8th!
Now while "The Ocho" won't be a random channel added to your television channels, it will take over ESPN U for the entire day. It makes since because not much is happening in the world of college sports right now. You'll get to see the "finest in seldom seen sports" like corn-hole (or "bags"), ultimate trampoline dodgeball and disc golf and even the ESPN voice guy will be helping out too!
Cotton McKnight and Pepper Brooks, played by Gary Cole and Jason Bateman, sadly won't be on hand to provide coverage. But still get excited because here's the full schedule of events and games that will be aired.
Surprisingly enough have previously aired on other channels of ESPN, except the Moxie Games:
- Midnight: 2016 American Disc Golf Championship
- 2 a.m.: 2016 WFTDA Roller Derby Championships
- 4 a.m.: 2016 Sky Zone Ultimate Trampoline Dodgeball
- 5:30 a.m.: Firefighters World Challenge XXV
- 8 a.m.: 2016 Kabaddi World Cup Final
- 9 a.m.: World Darts Championship
- 11:30 a.m.: Arm Wrestling: Best of WAL 2016 Championship
- 12:30 p.m.: 2017 Championship of Bags
- 2:30 p.m.: EVO 2017 World Championship — Street Fighter
- 5 p.m.: Moxie Games
- 7 p.m.: U.S. Open Ultimate Championship