Have you ever wondered what it takes physically to play a superhero? Turns out we can all get in just as much shape as Batman because Robert Pattinson has shared his workout routine he did for The Batman!
Pattinson opened up about his training routine for the newest Batman film in a recent interview with On Demand Entertainment and revealed that his training routine included bodyweight workouts, weight training, and boxing drills.
Here are some of the workouts Pattinson did on a daily basis to get ready for filming:
- Five minutes of cardio to warm up
- Bicycle crunches - A core workout where you lie on your side with your knees bent at a right angle, and curl your upper body, lifting shoulders a few inches off the floor.
- Dumbbell side-bends - A full-body workout where you slowly lower a dumbbell along your leg towards your knee, then lift the dumbbell and bend your upper body in the other direction.
- Double crunches - A core workout where you lie on your back with bent knees and bring your knees towards your chest as you crunch your torso up to meet them.
- Superman holds - A core and back workout where you lie on your back with bent knees and bring your knees toward your chest as you crunch your torso up to meet them.
Pattinson also took up boxing and a military-style sandbag workout on the beach, but you can judge for yourself if his routine worked or not by seeing The Batman when it hits theaters this weekend!