I got to see Zombieland: Double Tap early and I got to say it pleasantly surprised me for how funny and on par it was with the first film in the series!
It's weird to think that the first Zombieland movie came out TEN YEARS AGO, and the sequel plays on that fact a lot, but it's all for good reasons! Everyone from the OG cast is back and you can tell that they actually enjoyed filming the movie and all the new additions don't detract from the film!
Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- You don't necessarily need to see the first Zombieland, but it's worth watching for the first time/again because it helps you understand the rules of the film
- There IS an END CREDITS scene that might have been my favorite part of the film (which is a good thing)
- Zoey Deutch's Madison might have been the low-key funniest character in the movie
- You have to remember that in the world of Zombieland the apocalypse took place in 2009, which sets up some hilarious scenes
- It's definitely a film where if you loved the first one, then you'll love the second one
Watch my full review for Zombieland: Double Tap below:
I'm giving Zombieland: Double Tap 8.8 out of 10 Twinkies, which sadly isn't a joke that's brought up in the sequel, but go see the film because it's a great time and will put you in the "spooky season" frame of mind! Zombieland: Double Tap is in theaters starting on October 18th!
Photo Credit: Sony Pictures