I got to see Toy Story 4 early this week and the rumors were true because it lives up to the hype and might be the FUNNIESTToy Story movie to date!
The movie continues on the adventures of Bonnie from the end of Toy Story 3 and I just want to let you know that this might be the prettiest/best animated Pixar film yet. Growing up with the franchise I wanted to hang my cowboy hat up after seeing Toy Story 3 my senior year of high school, but this movie serves as a great follow-up to Toy Story 3. Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- There is a TON of stuff that happens during the credits, and very end of the film, so stick around and let the crowd out
- Forkie was actually really good and when you think about it totally goes with the theme of the films
- Key and Peele were the funniest parts of the movie. I thought they weren't going to fit in, but they were hilarious the entire time.
- Keanu Reeves can do anything, like being Duke Kaboom, and I'll love it.
- There are a TON of easter eggs and callbacks to other Pixar movies and the original films in this.
- While we do get introduced to new characters it did seem like the focus was taken off the original cast, which is fine/I might be a Toy Story purist.
Watch my full review for Toy Story 4 below:
I'm giving the film a 9.3 out of 10 Pixar logos, and if you are an avid fan of the Toy Story series then you NEED to see this movie! Toy Story 4 is currently in theaters.
Photo Credit: Walt Disney Pictures