I got to see Captain Marvel early and I have to say it puts all the trailers to shame and is way funnier than it looks like from its first few trailers!
I will admit that I didn't know too much about Captain Marvel before it was announced she was getting her own movie in the MCU, but the film totally explains her origin and makes you fall in love with her!
Captain Marvel is kind of a blend of Guardians of the Galaxy and Captain America: The Winter Soldier if you needed a good reference point! Here are some of my initial, SPOILER-FREE, thoughts on the film and what stood out to me:
- Brie Larson is way funnier than in the trailers
- Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson have great chemistry and it the movies seems like a buddy-cop film
- The soundtrack is filled with '90s girl-power and grunge
- I want to see more Skrulls after this movie
- Goose the Cat is hilarious throughout the whole movie
Watch my full review for Captain Marvel below:
I'm giving the film 8.2 out of 10 SHIELD logos so definitely go see it in theaters while you can and prepare for Avengers: Endgame since this is the final movie before that comes out in April! Captain Marvel is in theaters now!
Photo Credit: Marvel Studios