If you didn't hear the news yesterday, Disney is apparently in talks to purchase 20th Century Fox's (which who knew was called 21st Century Fox) original titles and rights to various franchises!
While nothing is official as of now, this could be HUGE news for moviegoers and television viewers! Disney which owns both Star Wars and Marvel could benefit hugely from this buyout! Here is what Disney could gain if it follows through with 21ST Century Fox:
- The X-Men Franchise
- The Good Quiksilver
- The Fantastic Four
- Legion, The Gifted and Other FX Superhero Properties
- The Opening Drum-roll to Star Wars Films
- Futurama, The Simpsons, Bob's Burgers, and Family Guy
- New Girl, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and How I Met Your Mother
- Atlanta, American Horror Story, and American Crime Story
That's just some of the things Disney could own if successful and for us nerds it could end up being awesome! Think of the untitled Avengers movie having EVERY Marvel superhero ever!! Plus, who doesn't love this drum-roll?