LABOR DAY WEEKEND! It's the most bittersweet weekend of the year for me. Do you feel that too? I never like the end of summer. It feels like the end of freedom and fun and beauty. Sigh.
Let's hope the weather holds up so we can take full advantage of everything this city and area has to offer! And also, if you're like me, remind yourself that the Internet says we won't see any Fall weather or changes for at least 2.5 more weeks.
- It's the final weekend for public pools: Splashdown in Manassas, Great Waves in Alexandria, Waterworks in Woodbridge, Ocean Dunes in Arlington, Kings Dominion, and Six Flags are some good ones
- Here are some "CLASSIC" ways to celebrate Labor Day around the city like the concert, shows, exhibits, history, etc
- DC United and the Nationals are in town this weekend
- Greenbelt Labor Day Festival- carnival rides, live music, food, art, books, a parade and more!
- LAST WEEKEND for "Fun House" installation at National Building Museum
- Still some time to catch some outdoor movies all over the DMV
- BRUNCH IT UP: A guide to the best brunches
- Silent Disco at Embassy Row Rooftop Pool
- Maryland Terps play TX Longhorns at FedEx... and everyone's eyes are on Maryland football because of the scandal
- Anacostia Park Centennial Party- yoga, boat tours, skate party, and more!
- Game of Thrones bar crawl in Dupont
- Scavenger Hunt throughout the Smithsonians
- Beer pong and BBQ party in Woodbridge at Electic Palm
- National Book Festival at the Washington Convention Center
- Great American Pig Out at American Ice Company- all you can eat and drink specials with live music