Boo at the Zoo 2017
Friday, October 20 - Sunday, October 22
Smithsonian's National Zoo
3001 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008
With treat stations, animal demonstrations, keeper chats and decorated trails, this frightfully fun evening is a treat for the whole family. An entertainment stage will feature magicians, jugglers and a DJ spinning Halloween favorites. Don't miss a themed scarecrow field.
Treat stations will include goodies for all ages, including adult treats like craft beer and food tastings.
New to this year’s event is a sensory space in the Think Tank classroom for guests with sensory processing disabilities who would like a quiet place to take a break from trick-or-treating.
Superheroes, zombies, and princesses will all enjoy:
- A commemorative Boo at the Zoo trick-or-treat bag
- 40+ treat stations
- Live entertainment
- After-hours access to animal houses and exhibits, including:
- Small Mammal House
- Great Ape House
- Reptile Discovery Center
- Think Tank
- Great Cats Circle
- Elephant Community Center
- Kids' Farm
- Asia Trail (David M. Rubenstein Family Giant Panda Habitat will be closed)
- Animal experiences and Zoo education stations
- Rides on the Speedwell Conservation Carousel (additional charge)
- A sensory space in the Think Tank classroom for guests with sensory processing disabilities to take a quiet break from trick-or-treating
For more information and to purchase tickets click here.