Science keeps telling us we need more sleep than we're getting. Even people who get eight hours a night will feel better if they get ten. But if you can't do THAT, just take naps. Here's a guide to getting the ideal nap for your specific needs.
1. If you just need to be more alert and focused, a 10 to 20-minute nap gives you a boost in alertness for two hours or more.
2. If your brain isn't working and you can't think straight, a one hour nap gives you more focus and also improves memory and learning.
3. If you need a complete reset, a 90-minute nap puts you through a full sleep cycle, which gives benefits in alertness, memory, learning, creativity, and performance.
4. If you're not sure WHAT you need, a 10-minute nap should be the default. It was better than five minutes, 20 minutes, or 30 minutes in a recent study.
5. If you don't even have enough time for a nap, ANYTHING helps, even just resting your eyes for a minute. One study found that even just THINKING about taking a nap reduces your blood pressure.
Kane is joined by co-hosts Riley, Rose, Intern John and producer Erick. The high-energy, fast-paced program features music, conversations on the latest news and hot topics, Hollywood news, contests, call-in interaction with listeners, plus interviews with the biggest celebrities in music and pop culture. The show features signature segments such as "War of the Roses," "Hollywood," "The Tea," "John's Justice," "Ghosted" and "Moron Madness."
Kane Cares! We'd love to hear about your event or organization. Use this link to send us your information!