According to a new study from the University of Chicago, about HALF of Americans believe at least one of six big medical conspiracy theories. And one in five people believe at least THREE of them. Here are the six theories . . .
1. 37% believe the FDA is preventing us from getting natural cures for cancer and other diseases, because of pressure from drug companies.
2. 20% believe health officials know cell phones cause cancer but aren't stopping it . . . because cell phone companies won't let them.
3. 20% of people believe vaccines cause autism, even though that link has been scientifically DISPROVEN.
4. 12% of people believe the CIA intentionally infected black people with HIV, while pretending to give them hepatitis inoculations.
5. 12% of people believe the distribution of genetically modified foods by Monsanto is part of a secret program called Agenda 21 to shrink the world's population.
6. And 12% of people believe the fluoride added to water is a secret way for chemical companies to dump dangerous waste.
The authors say we tend to believe in conspiracies because, quote, "they seem like very compelling explanations for complicated situations."
Kane is joined by co-hosts Riley, Rose, Intern John and producer Erick. The high-energy, fast-paced program features music, conversations on the latest news and hot topics, Hollywood news, contests, call-in interaction with listeners, plus interviews with the biggest celebrities in music and pop culture. The show features signature segments such as "War of the Roses," "Hollywood," "The Tea," John's Justice," and "Moron Madness."
Kane Cares! We'd love to hear about your event or organization. Use this link to send us your information!