David Berg was a producer for "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" during its entire run. His memoir, "Behind the Curtain: An Insider View of Jay Leno's Tonight Show", came out yesterday. Here are five of the best revelations . . .
1. Christian Bale was a very difficult guest and got into arguments about potential "personal" questions that don't seem very personal at ALL . . . like "Where did you grow up?" and "What was your first acting gig?"
2. The show had a bar installed backstage to help guests relax. Quentin Tarantino drank so much at the bar when he was a guest in 2003 that he wound up slurring his words and was incoherent on the show.
3. Dennis Rodman made 28 appearances on the show and had such a problem with being late they wound up having to send a helicopter to get him.
4. The show tried to bribe Bill Clinton to come on and sent him a $12,000 custom-made bike. He accepted the gift but still wouldn't come on the show because he resented all of the Monica Lewinsky jokes.
5. The show once bumped Benjamin Bratt for a segment with an animal trainer because they knew it would do better ratings. Bratt boycotted the show from then on.
Kane is joined by co-hosts Riley, Rose, Intern John and producer Erick. The high-energy, fast-paced program features music, conversations on the latest news and hot topics, Hollywood news, contests, call-in interaction with listeners, plus interviews with the biggest celebrities in music and pop culture. The show features signature segments such as "War of the Roses," "Hollywood," "The Tea," John's Justice," and "Moron Madness."
Kane Cares! We'd love to hear about your event or organization. Use this link to send us your information!