Some foods can actually make you feel HUNGRIER when you eat them. Which is a good way to get big in a hurry, if you're not paying attention. Watch out for these 11 foods, and don't let them fool you.
1. White bread. It makes your insulin levels go up, which can make your body think it needs more sugar.
2. Fruit juice. It's so sugary that it causes a sugar spike in your blood, and then a hard crash afterwards.
3. Salty snacks. A lot of times your body will compensate by craving something sweet.
4. Fast food. It's so salty you can get dehydrated, and sometimes that can cause stomach pain that feels like a hunger pang.
5. Alcohol. It tends to reduce levels of leptin . . . a hormone that makes you feel full. And it can deplete your body's energy reserves, so you crave carbs.
6. White pasta. It's so full of carbs that it can cause insulin spikes, and those can make you feel hungry, just like with white bread.
7. MSG. It messes with your hypothalamus and causes big increases in your appetite. Now you know why they serve Chinese food by buffet.
8. Sushi. It's mainly white rice, so it has the same effect as bread or pasta.
9. Artificial sweeteners. They make your body think it's about to get something it can use for energy. But they have no calories, so then you just crave sweets.
10. Kids cereals. They're so high in sugar that they can cause spikes and drops in insulin and blood sugar levels throughout the day.
11. Pizza. It messes with your hormones, your blood sugar levels . . . everything. It's because everything in a pizza is processed. So if you made a pizza from scratch with fresh toppings and whole wheat dough, you'd be all right.
Kane is joined by co-hosts Rose, Intern John and producer Erick. The high-energy, fast-paced program features music, conversations on the latest news and hot topics, Hollywood gossip, contests, call-in interaction with listeners, plus interviews with the biggest celebrities in music and pop culture. The show features signature segments such as "War of the Roses," "Hollywood Dirt," and "Kane Skams."
Kane Cares! We'd love to hear about your event or organization. Use this link to send us your information!