WARNING: This may ruin the way you enjoy some reality shows... or maybe you're aware that not everything is real... either way, here's the truth.Â
FIRST OF ALL: I can personally vouch that what you see on MTV's Real World is real. It may be driven by alcohol/crazy people... and edited like crazy, but everything really happens without any scripts.Â
According toÂ this post on Thought Catalog:Â
- MTV's MADE:Â VERY scripted. Told people what to say in the hallways
- Bachelor/Bachelorette:Â Not SCRIPTED, just made with heavy amounts of "suggested" alcohol
- Jerry Springer:Â Surely you saw this coming, but it's all scripted with actors.Â
- Amish shows:Â Again... surely you didn't think these were real? They pay people to use the "lot."
- House Hunters:Â The people "hunting" have already found their new home, and are pretending to consider others.Â
- Extreme Makeover:Â The families were real, and really in need, but Ty and the gang did zero heavy lifting.Â
- Hoarders:Â Real! Hallelujah there is some truth in the world!
- Cops:Â Another scripted show bites the dust.Â
- 16 & Pregnant:Â Minor details are fake. Tyler and Caitlyn didn't really win prom king and queen.Â
- Super Sweet 16:Â People are paid to cause drama, like push over the cake.Â
- The Biggest Loser:Â They have the entire story planned out ahead of time, and they just use the footage they get to create the story.Â
It's still entertaining!!! I DON'T CARE.Â